Deadline: 31 July 2023
African Angel Academy (AAA) 8th Cohort Programme 2023
Have you recently started investing in local startups? Or you’d like to start but need some guidance and a network to help you get started?
The 8th cohort of the African Angel Academy (AAA) will bring together 100 emerging angel investors from Zambia, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and Ghana to accelerate their investing journey.
This highly interactive programme allows you to work through the online content at your own pace, while joining in weekly live sessions featuring expert guest speakers from across the African investment ecosystem. Live sessions present excellent opportunities to form connections with other participants and draw on the first-hand experience of the cohort and expert contributors.
• 13-week programme
• Presented entirely online, via a self-paced online course & live Zoom sessions
• Cohort starts 31 July 2023
• +/- 2 hours time commitment per week
• Commitment fee* of $230 on successful application.
*The total value of the programme is $2200, but the balance of this fee is sponsored by The Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF) and The Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO).
- Are already investing in startups or would like to start investing, in your personal capacity or as a group.
- Or you have capital to invest in the next 6 months, and 10+ years of professional experience to add value to startups.
- Are looking to meet like-minded individuals to either join or form a local angel group or syndicate.
- Want to be a catalyst for growth for our local entrepreneurial ecosystems.
The Dutch Good Growth Fund (DGGF)’s Seed Capital and Business Development (SCBD) program is working with AAA to train new and aspiring angel investors and build stronger business angel networks across the continent over three years. The outcomes of this effort is a greater volume of angel investments and a more conducive early-stage finance sector for African entrepreneurs. FMO has come on board as a partner in 2023 to bolster the impact of this project and open up cohort 8 to angels from a further 2 countries. Together, we will welcome emerging angels from Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Ghana into its learning community.
DGGF is a “fund of funds” investment initiative from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. DGGF’s Seed Capital and Business Development (SCBD) program was established to further the impact of the DGGF by providing Seed Capital, Technical Assistance and Business Development Services to local financial service providers and entrepreneur support organizations (ESOs).
This cohort is also supported by the FMO Ventures Program Technical Assistance Facility, co-funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the European Union. FMO has come on board as a partner in 2023 to bolster the impact of this project and open up cohort 8 to angels from a further 2 countries. FMO is the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank. As a leading impact investor, FMO supports sustainable private sector growth in developing countries and emerging markets by investing in ambitious projects and entrepreneurs.
Please note that applications are currently open for those residing in Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia or Ghana.
About the programme:
- 13 weeks, self-paced online course + weekly live masterclasses / Q&As
- Opportunities for networking & introductions to investment-ready startups
- Commitment fee of $230 on selection (the total programme value is $2200). If your application is successful, we will send you a payment link.
- You will also become a member of AAA’s pan-African early-stage investor community.
- Programme starts 3 August 2023.