Andela Technical Leadership Program Rwandan 2023
The Andela Technical Leadership Program is Andela Rwanda’s nine-month career accelerator program, in partnership with the Ministry of ICT & Innovation. The program aims at empowering Rwandan nationals like you with the prerequisite software engineering skills to become world-class technologists. It also blends technical learning with soft skills training, helping you to thrive in any work environment, especially when working with a distributed team.
If you successfully complete the 9-month program, you will:
- Develop the technical and professional skills demanded by the global marketplace.
- Get access to Andela’s pool of technical mentors.
- Fast-track yourself to employability as a software engineer in the African tech ecosystem.
Through intensive learning, you’ll master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a software developer with the world’s top engineering teams.
We’ll partner with you throughout this program. All we ask is that you bring a desire to learn and level up your career, while we provide you with access to online resources, mentorship, and a community of passionate software developers to support you at every step of your journey.
Benefits – Andela Technical Leadership Program Rwandan 2023
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
ELIGIBILITY – Andela Technical Leadership Program Rwandan 2023
Applicant should be:
- Rwandan Nationals.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Willing to commit at least 6 hours to this program per day/
- If you’re a university student, you must be in the final year of your education. University graduates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Have basic skills in HTML, CSS and JS.
- Able to communicate in English.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Stage 1: Online application
Fill out the application form on this page. To prepare for the upcoming technical assessment, please refer to the Curriculum
Stage 2: Selection assessments
Once you submit your application, in preparation for the technical assessment, please attempt this Qualified sample test to familiarize yourself with the test platform. The technical assessment is compulsory and will help to evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
You will receive an invitation to take the technical assessment on Qualified.
You will also be invited to complete English proficiency tests (both written and spoken) to determine your fluency.
Stage 3: Interviews
Successful applicants who have passed both assessments will be interviewed to determine their technical strength, communication skills and English fluency.
Phase 1: Core concepts
Phase 2: Team project
Those who successfully complete the 10-week boot camp will advance to a 14-week active development phase, where the following technical skills will be covered:
- PostgreSQL- An open-source SQL Database.
- Express JS – A fast, un opinionated, minimalist web framework for Node JS.
- Docker – An independent container platform that enables organizations to seamlessly build, run and share any application, anywhere.
Phase 3: Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship phase of the program takes 14 weeks and apprentices get to work on real-world products with active users and integrate into distributed teams with our partner companies, who have agreed to help our apprentices achieve the requisite experience they need.
Program Schedule, Cohort 30
Application Deadline: November 17th, 2023
Entry assessments and interview: November 17th, 2023 – December 8th, 2023
Core concepts: 11th December, 2024 – 1st Mar, 2024
Team project: 4th March, 2024 – 14th June, 2024
Apprenticeship: 1st July, 2024 – 20th September, 2024