Annual African Vaccinology Course (AAVC) 2023
Applications are now OPEN for the 18th edition of the Annual African Vaccinology Course (AAVC) which is scheduled to take place from 06 – 10 November 2023 at the Southern Sun Newlands Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa. We welcome applications from all stakeholders working in the vaccinology and immunisation space across Africa, including members of National Immunisation Technical Advisory Groups (NITAGs), immunisation programme managers, health professionals, researchers, postgraduate and postdoctoral students, among others. Successful applicants will be receiving funding to cover the cost of course registration, flights and accommodation, if applicable.
Aims of the 2023 course are to:
- Provide participants with essential and up to date knowledge on human vaccines
- Discuss the successes, challenges & opportunities to improve the immunisation programs in Africa
- Provide a forum for members of NITAGs to share national immunisation issues & identify areas for collaboration and technical capacity development
- Foster communication & networking amongst African vaccinologists
Who should attend:
- Immunisation program managers & officers
- Researchers & public health professionals working in the field of vaccines – immunology, immunisation activities such as advocacy, policy formulations etc
- Postgraduate students & post docs in the field of vaccinology and immunology.
Click here to apply. Applications close on 8 September 2023 at 23:59 (SAST).
ONLY successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by 2 October 2023.