Apply Now: East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023-2024
Apply Now: East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023-2024 support graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i (UH) in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center (EWC).
Eligibility – Apply Now: East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023-2024
Individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
Bachelor’s Degree and Grade Point Average
Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
How to Apply – Apply Now: East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023-2024
Fellowships are awarded annually in an international competition. Applications for the academic year 2024-2025 competition will open in early August and close on December 1.
If you are not already enrolled as a classified graduate student at UH Mānoa, you must apply to the university for the following fall semester by December 1. The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year. To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
Application Forms and Instructions
To access the application documents, click below:
- Application Handbook (interactive website)
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH (jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
If you are unable to access these application materials, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
Deadline to apply is December 1, 2023.