ArcelorMittal South Africa – Apprenticeship Programme 2024
The ArcelorMittal South Africa – Apprenticeship Programme 2024 provides candidates with access to classroom and on-the-job training that will enable them to acquire knowledge and expertise in the chosen trade, as well as, obtain a trade certificate after the successful completion of their trade test.
The Apprenticeship includes Training related cost, Personal Protective Equipment, Payment of Institutional Training, On-site Personal Insurance, as well as, a monthly stipend. Opportunities are available across our Vanderbijlpark and Vereeniging Operations.
Job category: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Yes
Part of the worldwide ArcelorMittal group with an industrial presence in 27 countries, ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited is the largest steel producer on the African continent, with a production capacity of 5 million tonnes of liquid steel per annum. Both flat and long steel is produced in hundreds of grades and specifications. Steel is as relevant as ever to the future success of our world. As one of the only materials to be completely reusable and recyclable, it will play a critical role in building the circular economy of the future. Steel will continue to evolve, becoming smarter, and increasingly sustainable. At ArcelorMittal, our goal is to help build a better world with smarter steels.
Permanent employment on completion of trade test is not guaranteed.
Available trades include:
- Instrument Mechanic
- Fitter and Turner
- Mechanical Fitter
- Commit to and successfully complete the apprenticeship as required
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental policies and legislation
- Achieve trade based technical competencies
- Comply with contractual training agreement
Minimum requirements – ArcelorMittal South Africa – Apprenticeship Programme 2024
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Qualification with English, Mathematics and Science
- Applicable trade theory and an additional trade related technical subject would be advantageous
- A team player who can also work independently
- Driven, highly self-motivated
- An agile thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and an aptitude for engineering
Deadline: 31 January 2024