Deadline: 16 July 2023.
AVI Graduate Development Programme 2023-2024
AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
AVI Ltd is looking for a PACKAGING GRADUATE (SUSTAINABILITY & QUALITY) to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Your time with us will start in January 2024 and our programme runs for 24 months.
The AVI-Graduate Programme incorporates a holistic experience of mentorship, practical exposure and technical, leadership and business development opportunities. As one of our Graduates you will be exposed to a host of diverse corporate situations spanning from key improvement projects, CSI Initiatives, skills training and behavioural development. They have had the privileged of grooming many young ambitious professionals into successful leaders in our business and are excited to walk this exciting journey with you.
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Accountability and ownership for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- You will work closely with the Senior Packaging Technologist and gain experience in quality, systems, marketing and food engineering support.
- Be involved in projects related to sustainability, design, shelf life and material interface.
- The successful candidate will be expected to interact with the marketing team, operations at factory level, supply chain and R&D.
What you will need to be considered:
- BSc Food Sciences or BTech in Food Technology with a keen interest in pursuing a career in packaging
- A minimum average of 60% in the final year of studies
- The successful candidate must have a science related qualification and be technically orientated
- MS Excel
- Any vacation experience or part-time work would be ideal
- Must be willing to travel between sites
What makes you exceptional:
- You focus on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions and thinking things through.
- You focus on finding and documenting the facts to better understand the logic behind a problem
- You cope well with pressure by remaining calm and composed before and during important or stressful events
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high quality work by being meticulous and checking the detail of your work
- You follow policies and procedures in order to manage and mitigate risk
- You are focus on maintaining my productivity, working quickly and comfortable to multitask when needed
- You aim to achieve fantastic results by being determined and persisting through difficulties.