Bank of Zambia Employment Opportunities 2023
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following vacant position:
NURSE – HO (1 POST)
To provide primary health care services to Bank of Zambia employees in order to maintain a healthy workforce.
Main Accountabilities – Bank of Zambia Employment Opportunities 2023
• Screens sick employees and their respective registered dependants visiting the Bank Clinic and conducts physical examinations for diagnosis of health problems.
• Prescribes upon screening of patients, drugs, counselling, and referral to hospital or visiting doctor to ensure that patients get the required health care for prompt recovery.
• Monitors the recovery progress of patients undergoing treatment through nursing records, home and hospital visits to facilitate alternative treatment as and when required.
• Maintain adequate stocks of drugs and medical equipment and adheres strictly to dangerous drug Act of the Laws of Zambia to ensure continuous availability of stocks and prevent drug abuse.
• Prepares regular reports on all primary health care activities at the Bank as a basis for management decision making.
• Arranges for medical examinations for new recruits to determine their fitness to be employed by the Bank.
• Maintains records at the Clinic to ensure confidentiality, quick retrieval and maintenance of medical history for employees.
• Requisition of drugs and other clinic consumables to ensure availability.
• Provides primary health care services such as antenatal, postnatal, family planning and under-five clinic to clients.
• Provides pre and post-test counselling services, and dispense appropriate medical drugs to clients.
• Provide Human Resources expertise on projects.
Qualifications and Experience – Bank of Zambia Employment Opportunities 2023
• Diploma in Nursing or equivalent plus valid practicing license
• Member of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia
• Two (2) years relevant work experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes – Bank of Zambia Employment Opportunities 2023
• Customer service
• Good Communication and initiative skills
• Professional ethics
• First-aid administration
• Psycho-social counselling
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
To Apply – Bank of Zambia Employment Opportunities 2023
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), scanned certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the online application. The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 26 September 2023. Please note that only applications submitted online shall be considered.