Deadline: 20th July 2023.
Baobab Circle Limited Community Health Educators (CHES) Kenya 2023
Baobab Circle Limited is an award winning digital health company revolutionizing healthcare across the African continent through empowering chronic disease patients with Al driven and behavioural science tools they need to self-manage their conditions.
Leveraging the rapid growth in mobile phone usage. Baobab Circle developed Afya Pap to leapfrog the deficit in healthcare infrastructure for addressing the chronic disease burden. We are therefore seeking youthful Community Health Educators (CHES) to join our team and support our diabetes and hypertensive patients within their communities (support groups).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATORS (CHES)
- Assist patients to better manage their health by developing the culture of self-monitoring and self-management
- Educate patients about management of diabetes and hypertension through person-to-person coaching of best practices.
- Successfully onboard 10 new patients to Afya Pap daily per CHE
- Educate the patients on how to use Afya Pap and keeping a community of active users
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CHE
A CHE requires to have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of A level education
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Swahili. Knowledge of vernacular language an added advantage.
- Basic computer knowledge and passion for healthcare and technology.
- Good people, communication, negotiation skills and highly collaborative
- Ability to train patients and strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work remotely with minimum supervision
DESIRABLE COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
- More than 1-year experience as a peer educator of community health volunteers
- A community worker/social worker or a member of a support group
- Knowledge and understanding of community health programs
- Self driven and highly motivated to deliver results as an individual or in a team setup
- Confidence in talking to people both in groups and one to one basis
- Willingness to work on weekend in order to meet targets and organising and participating in health camps
- 6 months with possibility of renewal
Interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com. with the subject heading “Community Health Educator” by 20th July 2023.