Camps Bay High School Opportunities 2024
Camps Bay High School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Afrikaans First Additional Language Teacher to join our team in January 2024. The ideal candidate will be passionate about teaching Afrikaans, have a deep understanding of the CAPS curriculum, and be committed to fostering a love for the language in our learners.
ABOUT CAMPS BAY HIGH SCHOOL:
Camps Bay High School is a vibrant, inclusive, and nurturing high school situated in the picturesque coastal town of Camps Bay, Cape Town. With a strong commitment to academic excellence, holistic learner development, and a supportive learning environment, Camps Bay High School has earned a reputation as one of South Africa’s leading public schools.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach Afrikaans First Additional Language to Grade 8 to 12 learners.
- Create engaging and comprehensive lesson plans that cater to various learning styles.
- Assess and evaluate learner progress through a variety of formative and summative assessments.
- Foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Provide additional support to learners who may require it.
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the language programme.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field.
- Appropriate teaching qualifications and certification.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- A robust understanding of the CAPS curriculum, particularly the requirements for Afrikaans FAL.
- SACE registered.
- Proficiency in using technology within the classroom.
- Demonstrated vision, innovation, and creativity in developing learning programmes and classroom instruction.
- Ability to plan, document, and report on assessments.
- Willingness to actively contribute to the academic, sporting, and cultural life of the school.
- Effective teamwork and dedication to the development and well-being of all learners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with colleagues, learners, parents, and the community.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including a 13th cheque, pension fund and medical aid coverage.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development within a collaborative educational community.
- Access to facilities and resources to enhance teaching and learning.
1.Updated CV/resume highlighting teaching experience.
2. Cover letter
3. Extramurals offered.
4. Copies of Qualifications.
6.SACE registration certificate.
7. Police Clearance, or proof that one has been applied for.
8.Copy of Identity Document
9.Contact information for three professional references.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2023
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews in November 2023. No other correspondence will be entered into with applicants.