Cidb Subsidised Construction Management System Training Programme 2023

Deadline: 𝟎𝟒 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

Cidb Subsidised Construction Management System Training Programme 2023

The cidb invites qualifying contractors to apply for training on the CMS SANS 1393 standard at a cost that will be subsidised 90% by the B.U.I.L.D Fund to support the selected contractors. Contractors who successfully complete the training programme will be eligible to apply for certification later.

If you are in the following provinces:

  • Gauteng
  • Mpumalanga
  • KwaZulu-Natal
  • North West
  • Limpopo
  • Free State
  • Eastern Cape
  • Northern Cape
  • Western Cape

Space is still available to apply for subsidised training in construction management systems. The deadline for submission is extended to 04 August 2023.

Are you a 51% or more black woman-owned contractor actively registered in cidb grade 5, 6, 7 or 8? Then you are eligible to apply for construction management systems (CMS) training with 90% financial support from the cidb, to up your game and aim for certification. CMS SANS 1393 applies to contractors in general building (GB) and civil engineering (CE) classes of works.

Construction Management System enables a business to put in place a framework of processes and procedures to control its construction risks, improve performance and deliver better value to clients. In the long run the cidb will be adding the CMS standard as criteria for grading on the Register of Contractors.

CMS includes:  

  • health and safety management;
  • quality management; and
  • environmental management (covering air, water, land, and waste).

Secure your space now, to be one of the 250 women-owned contractors that will be selected. With 90% of the cost already covered, a successful applicant will only pay the R2 300.00 remaining 10% as show of commitment.

The CMS training programme is for the business owner or the contractor’s representative. The representative must be a permanent employee. Training will last 12 months in duration and consists of two modules that will be presented at a workshop over five days of classroom sessions, implementation of the construction management system in the contractor’s organization with support and a resources website.

Prospective applicants will be required to undergo a test.

Selection of successful applicants will be based on the following criteria:

  1. Active cidb registration in grades 5 to 8 GB and CE.
  2. 51% black women-owned company.
  3. The participants must be competent to attend an NQF 5 level training course.

Applications must be made on the cidb Construction Management System Programme form. Download the application form here.

For more information, click here