civil registration services kenya – how to apply
Welcome to the Department of Civil Registration Services (CRS) Introducing online CRS services.
Apply and pay for CRS services conveniently through your eCitizen account
Access CRS Services using your eCitizen account!
HOW TO APPLY FOR A BIRTH CERTIFICATE REPLACEMENT ON ECITIZEN
1. Sign up or login to your Ecitizen account.
2. Select CRS Services tab
3. Select Application for child’s current birth certificate
4. Select Apply for a replacement of birth certificate on the drop down menu.
5. Fill in the required details and upload your ID/ parents ID’s and a copy of the lost certificate if available or birth notification.
6. Submit your application and pay the required fees.
7. You’ll receive a text message once processing is complete.
The Civil Registration Services (CRS) is critical to continuous and complete record of births, deaths of people. It is a Department under the Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National Government. The Department derives its mandate from The Births and Deaths Registration Act, Chapter 149 of the constitution of Kenya.
Birth registration provides legal rights and facilitates access to essential public services such as health care and education
Civil Registration Service lays the foundation for good governance by increasing the effectiveness and delivery of public services, providing vital statistics for the planning and monitoring of national development, and protecting fundamental human rights.
Civil Registration Services provides for the compulsory and immediate registration of all births and deaths that occur in Kenya, without regard to nationality.
Birth registration establishes an individual’s legal identity. Civil Registration Service performs the following functions relating to births:
- Registration of all births occurring in the country and of Kenyan citizens occurring abroad
- Issuance of birth certificates
- Carry out recognition and re-registration upon legitimization
- Production and dissemination of statistics from the records of births
- Safe custody of all records of births