Deadline: 21 June, 2023
De Beers Group Administration Clerk Position 2023 – Limpopo
De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company, with expertise in diamond exploration, mining, grading, marketing and retail. Together with their joint venture partners, they employ more than 20,000 people across the global diamond pipeline, with many of these people in their source countries of Botswana, Canada, Namibia and South Africa. Through their own stores and their partner jeweler locations, their beautiful diamonds and jewellery designs bring joy and meaning to lovers of diamonds all around the world.
Join them as an Administrator where you will be responsible to provide assistance to the Occupational Therapist in administering the physical and functional work capacity screening tests and to perform administrative, stock control and housekeeping functions related to the physical and functional work capacity tests.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
At Anglo American they are committed to making lasting positive change for colleagues, host communities, consumers, and our planet. They are working towards extraordinary outcomes, always searching for better ways to do things, questioning the status quo, and innovating with purpose.
Their Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium. They are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world, from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Consistently apply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities.
- Act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount.
- Identify specific risks within working area and adhere to discipline-specific plans/system to avoid these risks.
- Perform daily planning of activities and tasks to ensure timeous completion of tasks according to unit specific procedures.
- Verification of client’s documentation such as medical booking slip and ID.
- Registration of clients for medical surveillance.
- Printing of road maps for clients.
- Scanning and attaching of client information onto electronic client files.
- Check stock and order sundries in the RFA test area.
- Files correspondence, documents, reports and any other relevant documentation and maintains an effective filing system according to the department’s departmental procedure.
- Completes forms in terms of the background of the client on prescribed forms and forwards such forms to the relevant Occupational Therapist/operator who returns the forms to the incumbent once the test has been completed in order to capture results on the relevant database.
- Assisting with client queries.
- Captures client information and results on the RFA software system for rehabilitation, functional- and physical work capacity.
- Registrations, processing of data tasks also related to Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Assist the Occupational Therapist with conducting the prescribed work conditioning and rehabilitation programs, by monitoring clients during sessions.
- Acts as translator between the client and other RFA personnel where possible / necessary.
This role is in the Safety, Health & Asset Reliability department at a Band 8 level reporting to the Senior Professional Nurse
- Grade 12
- 1 years’ experience in similar role
- Knowledge of operational processes within scope of role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in organisation and time management skills
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, they bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. They are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.