De Beers Group WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2023
Applications for De Beers Group WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2023 are now open. WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship equips soon-to-be engineering and technology graduates with practical skills to thrive in the future world of work. The Fellowship is an 8-month, free, one-of-a-kind online learning programme focused on building leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills of the next generation of young talent.
Open to women in their penultimate or final year of undergraduate or full-time postgraduate engineering and technology studies in Botswana, Namibia, and South Africa.
31 July 2022 – WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship powered by De Beers Group develops leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills required by young engineering and technology graduates to succeed in the industry and beyond.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2023 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes held on Zoom. The programme will be run in four (4) modules from September 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry. The programme is open to soon-to-be engineering graduates based in Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
Module 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
Module 3: Well-being-Leaming to Recharge and Practice Self-care
Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Benefits for the De Beers Group WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2023
Eligibility for the De Beers Group WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship Programme 2023
1. Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
2. Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
3. Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
4. Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month from September 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads and holidays.
5. WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
- 1. Applications must be completed online. Link to application: https://bit.ly/SAFApp_2023 or visit www.womeng.org to apply
- 2. The deadline for submission of completed applications is 20 August 2023, 23h59 SAST.
- 3. An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by end August 2023.
- 4. Further details regarding the programme delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.