Dept of Transport KZN Bursary Application 2024
DEPT OF TRANSPORT KZN IS OFFERING BURSARIES TO STUDENTS WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF KWAZULU-NATAL INTERESTED IN PURSUING A TERTIARY QUALIFICATION IN THE FIELDS OF STUDY INDICATED BELOW:
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING (10)
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION (2)
- BCOM TRANSPORT ECONOMICS (5)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT (3)
- BCOM LAW (2)
Who can apply – Dept of Transport KZN Bursary Application 2024
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate, between the ages of 18-35 years and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying towards qualifications indicated in this advert.
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Bursary application forms which are obtainable from all Department of Transport offices, the Website of the Department (www.kzntransport.gov.za) and other social media platforms.
- Certified Copies of Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID/death certificate where applicable.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate/half yearly assessment results (if still in school) and current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statement of both parents/guardian must be provided or a letter from the Department of Labour stating that they are unemployed (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement or letter from SASSA).
- Proof of registration/acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed/ Affidavit.
- Proof of Residence.
Please note – Dept of Transport KZN Bursary Application 2024
a) It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
b) Obligation: A student will be required to serve the relevant Department of Transport for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract based on the availability of space. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
c) Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
d) Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
e) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please visit kwazulu natal transport website to download the Bursary Application Forms under our Vacancies Section at
CLOSING DATE: 24 November 2023