Deadline: 21 July 2023
Ecobank Kenya Fintech Challenge 2023 – cash prize of $50,000
The Ecobank Kenya Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 35 African markets. The goal? To contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.
The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here. These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Challenge Grand Finale. The ultimate winner for 2023 will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000. All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in Ecobank’s over 30 markets across Africa.
- The top three winners at the Challenge will be awarded $15,000, $12,000 and $10,000 cash prizes respectively.
- Start-ups may be selected by Ecobank as local country-level partner in any of Ecobank’s 33 country ecosystem.
- Fellows will be given access to a dedicated team to support Ecobank’s API tests, to enable Ecobank improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Founders will be inducted as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, granting them access and relationships to a vast network of global and African Accelerators, potential Investors, as well as mentors.
- The Challenge offers opportunities for Fintechs to potentially integrate with Ecobank’s existing digital offerings. The existing digital offerings include Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain(eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, etc.