Ecotourism Kenya Eco Warrior Award 2023
The call for applications for the highly prestigious 16th edition of the EcoWarrior Award by Ecotourism Kenya is open!
THEME: Sustainable Tourism: A Brighter Future for People, Planet, and Profit
Tourism is a key contributor to the Kenyan economy and can be used to bring about sustainable development for all through sustainability. The theme brings to light the three sustainability principles; environment (planet), social(people), and economic(profit).
Sustainable tourism calls for a balance between the three aspects to ensure longevity;
- Making optimal use of environmental resources while maintaining essential ecological processes and helping to conserve natural heritage and biodiversity.
- Respect the socio-cultural authenticity of host communities, conserve their built and living cultural heritage and traditional values, and contribute to inter-cultural understanding and tolerance.
- Ensuring viable, long-term economic operations, and providing & fairly distributing socio-economic benefits to all stakeholders.
The award would like to not only applaud those who practice sustainability principles but also encourage more tourism stakeholders to take up sustainability into their operations. This is your chance to be recognized and appreciated for your outstanding efforts in promoting sustainable tourism practices. If you are a tourism business, organization, or community in Kenya committed to creating a positive impact on people, planet, and profit, they want to hear from you!
There are 8 award categories, with 18 subcategories. They are as follows;
1. Accommodation Facilities
2. Tour Operators
3. Air Safari Operators
4. Community-Based Enterprises
b) Digital Content Creator
6. Training institutions
7. Youth-led initiatives
- Distinction and recognition: Be acknowledged as a trailblazer and/or consistent professional/business in sustainable tourism at the Ecowarrior Awards Gala on 26th
October 2023 where the winners will be unveiled. This can also be a great way to boost team morale.
- Impact: Showcase your initiatives that benefit local communities, preserve natural
resources, and foster responsible tourism.
- Commitment: This is a great opportunity to look back on the efforts you have made as a team/individual to make a difference in the Kenyan responsible tourism space within your
- Choice: This is a voluntary award and is free of charge to apply.
How to Apply
1. Select the sub-category you would like to apply for.
2. Read through the criteria description for your chosen sub-category to know the eligibility requirements and guide the application.
3. Download the application form for the sub-category you would like to apply to. Take your time to carefully fill it out, highlighting your sustainable tourism practices, community involvement, and innovative approaches. Send in your supporting relevant documents as well.
4. Submit your application before the deadline to be considered for this prestigious award to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the award categories and application forms here.