Ethekwini Municipality Drivers Licence Programme 2023-2024
Applications are now open for the Ethekwini Municipality Drivers Licence Programme 2023-2024. Ethekwini Municipality invites applications from unemployed youth between the ages of 18-35 with NO learners and driver’s licenses to participate in a skills programme.
- Closing Date: 2023/10/20
- Reference Number: ETH231004-1
- Job Number: DRIVERSLIC2023
- Job Title: DRIVERS LICENCE PROGRAMME
- Department: Mayoral Affairs
- Branch: Youth Development Office
- Reporting To: Youth Desk Advisor
- Vacancy Group: ETHEKWINI MUNICIPAL ACADEMY
- Location – Country South Africa
- Location – Province KwaZulu-Natal
- Location – Town / City eThekwini
Eligibility Requirements – Ethekwini Municipality Drivers Licence Programme 2023-2024
Applicants interested must:
- Have Matric or equivalent NQF level 4
- Be under the age of 35, Not in Employment, Training, and Education,
- Be South African citizens
- Provide proof of parent’s affordability (pension, no income)
Applicants that already benefited from municipality programmes will not be considered.
Applicants will be required to undergo a screening process.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a contract with the Municipality.
Applications/CV should include the following information/documents:
- South African Identity Document
- Proof of Residence (must be attached)
- Proof of unemployment (from the Department of Labour)
- Proof of parent’s affordability (pension, no income)
- Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability within the occupational level of the respective advertised posts.
- Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An employee may be deployed to any of the offices, depots or workplaces of the municipality within its area of jurisdiction.
- Canvassing by councilors or officials in respect of these positions will lead to disqualification of the applicants.
- Occupational assessments may be undertaken as part of the selection process.
- You shall be required to undergo a pre-engagement medical examination.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within three months from the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
How to Apply – Ethekwini Municipality Drivers Licence Programme 2023-2024
ONLINE APPLICATIONS PROCESS:
Step 1: Log onto www.durban.gov.za, click on e-Careers.
Step 2: Create a User Profile by clicking on Register.
Step 3: Once your profile has been created on the system, you will receive an email confirming that you have successfully registered. This email will contain your Username and Password which can be used to access e-Careers.
Step 4: Once logged in, you may conduct your job search and submit your application online.
Step 5: Complete the online application form accurately. You can save your application and submit it later or submit it immediately.
Step 6: Once you have applied, an email acknowledging your application will be sent to your inbox so ensure you have a valid e-mail address.