EThekwini Municipality Visual Art Outreach Programme 2023
EThekwini Municipality invites suitably qualified visual artists to submit their applications for the position of facilitator of the Art For All outreach programme. The City’s Art For All outreach programme aims to increase access to visual art resources and services to marginalised and outer lying areas of eThekwini.
It aims to empower visual artists with relevant skills that will expose them to market, as visual art contributes to economic growth and creates employment.
FACILITATOR RESPONSIBILITIES: EThekwini Municipality Visual Art Outreach Programme 2023
1. Facilitate the programme for three days a week in an identified location i.e. local library, community hall and/or Sizakala Centre.
2. Invite local creatives to join the programme.
3. Draft an engaging list of activities and modules for participants.
4. Develop and implement local exhibitions for audience development.
5. Engage local schools as partners of the programme.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: EThekwini Municipality Visual Art Outreach Programme 2023
Interested applicants must submit their application to the Durban Art Gallery, 2nd floor, City Hall, Anton Lembede Street (formerly Smith Street) by 2pm on 29 September 2023. No late applications will be accepted after the closing date.
Please note: If you do not receive correspondence from eThekwini Municipality within 30 days after the closing date, please consider the application unsuccessful. For enquiries call 031 311 2274 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.