FlySafair Vacancy: Graduate Engineer
Safair Operations, operating as FlySafair has a vacancy for a Graduate Engineer at our head office Bonaero Park. The successful applicant will report to the Relevant Manager.
- Run and execute small scale building/facilities related projects with a view to obtain Professional status;
- Safety training and continuous safety and quality management with a view to obtain a Government Certificate of Competence (GCC);
- Research and analyses to improve systems and establish new services that will allow the business to operate independently;
- Building business cases for projects and monitoring project viability assumptions;
- Root causes analyses on component failures;
- Managing energy consumption of the facilities and driving projects for energy reduction.
- Assist in the planning, conceptualising, and creating mechanical designs for new projects;
- Provide technical support to engineering team and perform testing and validation of concepts;
- Assist in resolving product selection through creative testing and re-engineering;
- Engage in problem analysis and resolution;
- Continuous evaluation of current systems and processes to drive efficiencies;
- Analyse and identify opportunities to reduce process variation and optimize process performance.
- Prepare detailed reports to demonstrate technical progress and accomplishments on projects.
No external email applications will be accepted.
FlySafair reserves the right:
- * Not to proceed with this vacancy
- *To appoint the selected candidates based on it s operational requirements.
Preference will be given to members of under-represented designated groups.
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with FlySafair.
A valid South African Identity Document (SA Citizen);
Academic record including current year results should be attached;
Brief Curriculum Vitae;
Student must include with their Curriculum Vitae a short write-up to demonstrate interest in aviation.
- Must be detail oriented and extremely organized;
- Has to be very professional in conduct and presentation;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Flexible, team-worker, collaborative;
- Self-starter, drives results;
- Immaculate time keeping;
- Love for aviation.
CLOSING DATE: 15 DECEMBER 2023