Gauteng Social Development Bursary Opportunities 2024
The Gauteng Department of Social Development is offering bursary opportunities to deserving students who reside in Gauteng to promote skills development and quality education. Students must excel academically have a passion to pursue a career in the Social sector.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study to students who are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme:
• Community Development.
• Financial Management.
• Demography and Population Studies.
• Clinical Psychology; and
• Occupational Therapy.
- prescribed books, and
- study material.
• Permanent residents within the Gauteng Province for at least one year prior to application,
• South African citizen,
• Currently studying or intend on studying full-time in one of the listed fields,
• Accepted to study at a recognized tertiary institution.
The following documents should accompany applications:
- Certified ID document, certified Matric certificate,
- certified copies of all education qualifications,
- proof of tertiary acceptance/proof of registration,
- motivational letter,
- proof of residence,
- Parents / Guardians proof of income (pay slips or affidavit if unemployed.
- Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) voting district verification printout (that indicates the voting station and ward details) accessible from the IEC website: http://www.elections.org.za/pw/
How to Apply – Gauteng Social Development Bursary Opportunities 2024
Youth from all race and gender groups, youth leaving child and youth care facilities as well as youth with disabilities who meet the minimum entry requirements are encouraged to apply.
Application forms can be collected and submitted at any Gauteng Social Development office/institution.
Download the Bursary Application Form here
Khabo Malgas (011) 355 7967/064 967 8522, Dikeledi Kutu (011) 355 7616/ 064 953 5099, Thoko Mcira (011) 355 7659/ 064 967 8388
Closing date: 20 October 2023
If you do not receive any response from the Department within 3 months, Please accept that your application was unsuccessful.