How Do I Know If NSFAS Has Approved Me Or Not
How Do I Know If NSFAS Has Approved Me Or Not: Every candidate should be aware of the first and most crucial fact: NSFAS does not notify applicants of the results of their applications until they have received confirmation that the university or college they applied to has extended an academic offer to the applicant.
The simplest approach to track the progress of your application is to log into your MyNSFAS account, where you can see exactly which stage it is in. Every application must go through a number of steps before being approved.
Check your application status in 3 easy steps:
- Login to the MyNSFAS student portal www.my.nasfas.org.za
- Sign in by entering your username and login
- Click on ‘Track Funding Progress’
When you have finished the aforementioned stages, you should be able to determine if your application has been approved or is still in the process!
If for whatever reason you are unable to access your MyNSFAS account, NSFAS will nevertheless send all applicants an email and an SMS letting them know whether or not their application was successful.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Ensure that you have access to the cell phone number that you provided on your original NSFAS application
- Ensure that you have access to the email address that you provided on your original NSFAS application
- Ensure that all your contact information reflected on your MyNSFAS account is up-to-date and accurate
Your MyNSFAS account is crucial because if the information you’ve provided is inaccurate, it could create a delay in processing your application or potentially affect the final result. If your email address or mobile number change, you must immediately update this information on your MyNSFAS profile.