How to Check If My Chrome Is Up to Date
This article gives a detailed guide on how to check if your Google Chrome browser is up to date or not, and how to update Google Chrome to the latest version.
Is My Chrome Up to Date? A Few Clicks to Check It
On Computer: Open Chrome browser, click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner in Chrome, and click Help -> About Google Chrome to check which version of Chrome you are running on your computer.
On Android: Tap Settings -> About Chrome to check Chrome version.
On iPhone: Tap Settings -> Google Chrome to check if your version of Chrome is up to date.
Chrome Version Is Out of Date? Update It
If your Chrome browser is out of date and you want to update your Google Chrome browser to the latest version, you can check how to do it on desktop, iPhone or Android below.
Keep Chrome up to date on desktop:
- Open Chrome browser on your computer. If your Chrome browser is not up to date and you see an arrow icon at the top-right corner in Chrome, it means you have an update pending.
- Click the three-dot Chrome menu icon at the upper-right corner, and click Update Google Chrome to update Chrome browser to the latest version.
- Alternatively, if you click the three-dot icon and click Help -> About Google Chrome, it will automatically check and update your Chrome version.
Keep Chrome up to date on Android:
- If your Chrome is not up to date on your Android, you can update Chrome in Google Play Store. Open Google Play store on your Android, click the three-line icon at the top-left corner, and tap My apps & games.
- Tap Updates and check if Google Chrome is in the list, if yes, tap Update button next to it to get the latest version of Chrome.
Keep Chrome up to date on iOS devices:
- To update an outdated Google Chrome browser on iOS devices, you can open App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Updates and find Google Chrome. Tap Update button next to Chrome to update it. If Chrome is already updated, you can see an Open button but not an Update button next to it.