How to request for NSFAS Accommodation and Allowances
This article will help you to know how to request for NSFAS Accommodation and Allowances. All students and learners who need financial assistance should apply to NSFAS through the NSFAS Online Application system.
NB: We encourage applicants to print a copy of their NSFAS online application and keep a record of all supporting documents in case they are required later. Also, check your email account regularly for correspondence from NSFAS. Please make sure that you receive a reference number after submitting your application form online. If you did not receive a reference number it means your application may have not been submitted successfully.
What does the bursary cover?
- Living allowance
- Book allowances
- Incidental/personal care allowance
- Log in to the students self-service portal
- Click on ‘STUDENTS”
- Click on “STUDENT SELF-SERVICE”
- Enter your person number(student number) and password
- Click on “FINANCIAL AID”
- Click on “ALLOWANCES AND ACCOMMODATION” then complete the form
Please note that students who qualify for allowances need to update their Banking details online by following the steps below:
- Login to the students self-service portal
- Click on the “My Bank Account” tile
- Click on the “Add / Update Account” tab
- Follow the instructions
What happens to the credit balances in my account?
- All credits at the end of the academic year must be returned to NSFAS.
- The financial aid and scholarships office will process these as a charge to the fee statement in order to clear the credit in the fee account.
- If these are not processed at the end of the academic, it will still be processed in the following year.
- The university has an obligation to return these funds to NSFAS.