Deadline: June 26, 2023
Humphrey Alumni Impact Awards (AIA) 2023
In celebration of the Humphrey Fellowship Program’s 45th Anniversary in 2023, the Humphrey Fellowship is pleased to announce the launch of a special application for this year’s Humphrey Alumni Impact Awards.
The Alumni Impact Awards are jointly funded by the U.S. Department of State and IIE’s Fulbright Legacy Fund. Humphrey alumni can apply for an Alumni Impact Award of up to $10,000 to implement a project in their home country or region. These grants allow Humphrey alumni to pursue projects that apply knowledge and skills acquired during their Fellowship year to address local, national, and global issues or challenges within their home country or region and effect change across their fields of expertise and organizations.
The AIA can focus on any topic with a demonstrated justification, but they encourage proposals that address the following issues:
- Climate Change and Environmental Issues
- Food Security
- Countering Dis and Mis Information
- Human Rights
- Substance Abuse Reduction; particularly countering synthetic drugs
If you have previously received an AIA or Professional Development grant, you are still welcome to apply, but priority will be given to first-time winners. Cost sharing is encouraged. Project proposals that include collaboration with other Humphrey or Fulbright alumni are also very welcome.
This is a competitive application process; only the most substantial applications will be selected for funding. Successful applications demonstrate clear project objectives related to the issue or challenge addressed, include a plan for impact, demonstrate feasibility, and focus on sustainable results.
Requirements to apply for an Alumni Impact Award include the following:
- Must reside in your home country or region during the project implementation to be eligible to apply.
- The proposed project must be implemented starting in October 2023 and concluding by October 2024.
- Completed Google Form application
- List of project objectives and activities using the provided template
- Letter(s) of commitment from all partnering institutions/organizations
- Detailed budget and budget narrative using the provided template