Deadline: 6th August 2023
International Coaching Course (ITK) Leipzig Football Trainer Course 2023-2024
The International Coaching Course (ITK) is a further sports education program at the University of Leipzig that is funded by the Federal Foreign Office. Lasting a duration of 5 months, the programme is aimed at coaches and physical education teachers from developing countries according to the DAC list of ODA recipients.
Amongst the upcoming courses in 2024 is a Football Coaches Training Course that will take place between 04/03/2024 and 31/07/2024 for which applications are now open.
Application Deadline: 6th August 2023
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
The International Coaching Course (ITK) is a postgraduate study course for coaches and physical education teachers from developing countries. It was founded in 1964 and has been funded by the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany since 1991.
In addition, the Saxon State Ministry of Science, Cultural Affairs and Tourism has been funding ITK since 2021.
Its organisation and design are in the responsibility of the Sports Science Faculty of Leipzig University.
After graduating from the course, the participants return to their home countries to locally give new impulses to sports.
All classes of a course are translated into the following languages:
The International Coaching Course (ITK) is part of the foreign cultural and educational policy of the Federal Republic of Germany. The German Foreign Office has been funding ITK since 1991, in addition the Saxon State Ministry of Science, Cultural Affairs and Tourism has been funding ITK since 2021. Still, the history of ITK traces back to 1964. Since that time, way more than 5500 coaches and physical education teachers from 150 countries have participated in our courses.
- 5 months (respectively from March to July or September to January of the following year)
- in Leipzig – at the Sports Science Faculty of Leipzig University
- permanent residence in a country according to the DAC list of ODA recipients
- maximum age: 40 years
- successfully completed degree (university education) in the field of sports
- experience in sports: competitive sports, training, teaching
- good physical and mental eligibility
- Theory and practice in the chosen type of sport or specialisation
- General Exercise and Training Science
- Sports medicine
- Personality development (didactical and psychological fundamentals)
- Introduction to strength training
- Sports management
- Certificate of Leipzig University
- Certificate of the respective sports association