Deadline: 7 July 2023.
International Council of Museums (ICOM) Exchange Programme 2023 (Germany-Zambia)
International Council of Museums (ICOM), ICOM-Germany, ICOM Zambia and the Livingstone Museum invite museum professionals from Germany to apply for a 20 days study visit that will take place in Livingstone, Zambia during the month of September 2023.
For this second part of the programme, one museum professional from Germany will collaborate on-site with the Livingstone Museum in Zambia. The objective, as it was for the first part of the programme, is to allow for extensive and mutual knowledge exchange between the participant and Zambian museum professionals.
The participant will have the opportunity to collaborate on an exhibition project and/or education programmes together with professionals at the Livingstone Museum. The successful candidate must be committed to participating in all activities and to complete the full programme.
The programme will cover the following: flight tickets in economy class, visa, accommodation, daily allowance and transportation in Zambia for the different visits and activities.
To apply to this programme, museum professionals from Germany must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a position for exhibition development and/or education programming (at any level) in a recognised museum of Germany;
- Be a member of ICOM;
- Be no more than 45 years of age;
- Be fluent in English;
- Have an interest in the topic of the exhibition design and education programme development.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents in English:
- A motivation letter including the areas of interest the applicant would like to discuss and learn during their study visit, and their ideas on how to collaborate on the exhibition design and education programmes (see link) IMPORTANT: please do not forget to include these two points in your letter of motivation.
- A Curriculum Vitae including education, training, work experience, publications and current work responsibilities (three pages maximum);
- A letter of recommendation signed by the director of the museum where the applicant is currently working;
- Proof of payment of 2023 membership fees (copy of the ICOM card with the 2023 sticker or official document from the National Committee);
- A copy of the first page of the passport. IMPORTANT: Your passport must be valid at least until 15 May 2024.
All applications should be submitted by filling in the online form before midnight (CET), on 7 July 2023.