International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 8th (Cohort for April -June 2024)
The Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda (UNYFA) in partnership with the Schorlemer Foundation of the German Farmers’ Association (DBV) invites interested practicing young farmers to apply for the International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 8th (Cohort for April -June 2024).
The program presents an opportunity for Ugandan and German young farmers to cross borders and have hands-on practical experience, exposure, and understanding of Global Farms and Food Systems. The qualifying Ugandan participants receive an all-expenses paid 3 monthly stay in Germany by the Schorlemer Foundation with special support from the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
This exchange program is for practical Ugandan young farmers who are willing to stay on a German farm and return to Uganda after the 3 months to reciprocate their knowledge & experiences to his or her farm and community.
Apprenticeship period: April – June 2024
Applications open: 6th September 2023
Applications close: 29th September 2023
Eligibility for the International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 8th (Cohort for April -June 2024)
- A Ugandan Citizen
- Aged 20-35 years
- Must be a practicing farmer or a scholar of agriculture or running an agribusiness venture
- Must possess a valid New Ugandan passport (East African Passport)
- You must have been fully vaccinated at least with 2 doses and possess a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
- Pay an application fee of 250,000/- payable to the Organization bank account shown below:
Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account- 07187690015, Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch. Please note that the application fee is part of the application process and is non-refundable.
- Independently fill out the form.
- Use personal details (e-mail address, phone number because these will be used in notifying you).
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- To complete the application; all 9 attachments should be submitted in PDF.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selection Criteria for the International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 8th (Cohort for April -June 2024)
The internship program selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to submit thorough applications that illustrate their qualifications, character, and practical commitment to agriculture. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Practical commitment to agriculture
- Demonstrated leadership in the community
- Must be willing to return to Uganda after 3 months internship period in Germany and this MUST be demonstrated with your ability to leave collateral in the custody of UNYFA even before traveling to Germany.
- Ability to demonstrate transparency at all levels, as low as informing and involving the family in your plans of traveling to Germany.
- Must have a clear sustainability plan detailing how your family, farm, and other related ventures will survive without you during the 3 months stay in Germany.
- Ability to participate in UNYFA activities such as resource mobilization/ fundraising agendas.