Deadline: 15 Aug’ 23.
INYAS Membership Application 2024
Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) invites applications from young, independent researchers working in any areas of Science and Engineering who have proven track record of excellence in their respective research area along with a demonstrated passion of Science outreach, promotion, communication and leadership.
Minimum Qualification: Applicants should
- Hold a PhD degree in any discipline of pure and applied Sciences and Engineering OR M.S./M.D. in Medical sciences and be less than 40 years of age as on 31st December 2023. Women applicants based on the proper justification may be considered for one year age relaxation (less than 41 years of age as on 31st December 2023).
- Be a citizen of India, and living and working in India at present.
- Hold an academic position (either temporary or permanent).
- Two Letters of support are necessary for a valid application. The letters can be provided by
- Fellows of INSA, NASI and IASc
- Fellows of INAE
- Fellows of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS), Medical Sciences (NAMS) and Veterinary Science (NAVS)
- Alumni of Indian National Young Academy of Sciences
- Director/Head of the Institute (present employer)
- Head/Chairperson of Department (present employer)
Expectations: Each Indian National Young Academy of Sciences member is expected to attend the Annual General Meeting of INYAS each year and is also expected to actively contribute to one or more of the INYAS activities(https://inyas.in/category/activities/) and also plan new activities for the promotion of Science(https://inyas.in/about-us/vision/) and Indian National Young Academy of Sciences as well. Failing to attend two Annual General Meetings of INYAS consecutively may result in termination of your membership. For details, please refer the code of conduct guidelines for INYAS members. Further it is expected from an INYAS member to publish at least one research article in any recognized Indian journal during Indian National Young Academy of Sciences membership tenure. Being a Member of INYAS, a minimum time commitment is somewhat expected from a member time to time.
Please click here to apply for the membership through membership portal. If you have already applied for the membership last year through the portal, you may retrieve your application through your old login credentials and start the submission process again. Please remember to submit the application after finalizing the same. Only submitted form will be considered for further evaluation.