ISK High School Scholarship Program 2024-2025
The International School of Kenya (ISK) is thrilled to announce that applications for the 2024-2025 High School Scholarship Program are now!
Are you a young Kenyan student with a passion for learning, a commitment to service, and a desire to excel in both academics
and extracurricular activities?
If so, this exciting scholarship opportunity is just for you!
An ISK Scholarship:
- Gives students an outstanding international education in a culturally diverse environment;
- Nurtures students’ creativity and passions;
- Gives scholarship students a sense of inclusion and belonging among students from around the world;
- Opens doors to the world’s best universities;
- Gives students confidence and independence in how they act, communicate, create, learn, and solve problems;
- Inspires and nurtures extraordinary learners to create solutions for tomorrow’s challenges;
- Allows students to become exceptional members of society and eventually give back to the community.
How It Works
The ISK Scholarship targets low to middle income Kenyan students who would otherwise be unable to afford our tuition and fees. We pay for 100% of their costs in High School, including the IB Diploma program, school fees, admission fees, and bus fees. As long as students maintain good academic performance and behavior, we will invest in their creative, personal and academic development.
Applications are screened by a scholarship committee and awarded to the recipients by April of each year. Financial need is assessed upon completion of a Finance Disclosure form including relevant supporting documentation.
The value of respect for each other and for Kenya is evident at ISK, as is a commitment to giving back to the community. Our scholarship program for Kenyan students, together with a broad and dedicated service-learning program which serves our local and national community, have shaped our school values since inception and continues today.
High School Scholarships for Kenyan citizens are based on merit and proven financial need. The Scholarship is catered to students entering Grade 9 or Grade 10.
Selection for the scholarships is competitive and applications are based on the following criteria:
- Kenyan citizenship
- Proven financial need
- Fluency in English (oral & written)
- High academic achievement in English language curriculum
- Leadership and commitment to service
- Must be 14 years of age by July of the incoming school year
- Must have completed Standard 8, Year 9 or Form 1 and eligible to enter Grades 9 and 10 only at ISK
- High School graduates are not eligible to apply
- Ability to live in Nairobi with family or guardians for the whole duration of the scholarship
Click here to download the scholarship application form. The form should be submitted with a copy of the student birth certificate or passport.