JSE South Africa Empowerment Bursary Programme 2024
The JSE South Africa is committed to upskilling and developing future leaders of SA. As the great Nelson Mandela said, “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” In this spirit, the JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) was established to support students as they strive to reach their academic goals. The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) offers bursaries to previously disadvantaged students in their 2nd and 3rd year or post-graduate (Honors) level of studies.
JOB DESCRIPTION – JSE South Africa Empowerment Bursary Programme 2024
- Computer Science
- Actuarial Science
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Nelson Mandela University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Limpopo
- North-West University
- Fort-Hare University
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of the Free State
- Certified ID Copy
- Proof of registration
- Academic Record
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residence
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – JSE South Africa Empowerment Bursary Programme 2024
- Applications are restricted to students who are South African citizens within the designated group.
- The joint income of the students’ parents/caregivers should not exceed a joint income of R600, 000 per annum.
- Only applications for 2nd year, 3rd year, or Honors level of studies will be considered.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum aggregate of 60%.
Deadline: 31 October 2023
The Johannesburg Stock Exchange is the premier stock exchange in Africa and is based in South Africa where it has operated as a market place for the trading of financial products for 130 years.
As one of the top 20 exchanges in the world in terms of market capitalisation, we are an ideal listing destination for companies looking to raise capital by tapping into large pools of local, global and institutional investor capital. We are a fully electronic, efficient and secure market, with world-class regulation, trading and clearing systems, settlement assurance and risk management.
We are a member of the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) and hold the chairmanship of the Association of Futures Markets (AFM). We are supervised by the Financial Services Board (FSB).