Kenya Revenue Authority KRA Graduate Trainee Program 2023
The Kenya Revenue Authority KRA invites qualified young Kenyans to join its Graduate Trainee Program. The program targets university graduates from recognized universities and is designed to develop future tax administration experts.
Graduate Trainees receive experience through on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching, training, volunteering, and exposure to work rotation between tax and customs specialists and industry groups.
Through this project, KRA has successfully produced over 1800 young graduates over the previous twenty-six (26) years, and it is currently prepared for the 2023 intake.
- Administration and/or support of relevant Tax and Customs Laws
- Enforcing compliance in tax with relevant Laws.
Requirements – Kenya Revenue Authority KRA Graduate Trainee Program 2023
- Must be a Kenyan citizen aged 28 years and below (must not have celebrated their 28th birthday as at 29th October, 2023).
- Must have a Mean Grade of at least C+ in KCSE or its equivalent with a minimum of C+ in both English and Mathematics
- Must possess an undergraduate Degree from a recognized University. Holders of the following degree courses are also encouraged to apply: Petroleum/Chemical/Marine engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Cyber security, Geospatial, Medicine, Radiography, Pharmacy, Animal health, Veterinary medicine and Food technology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications.
- Result Oriented and Customer Focused
- Adaptability, inventiveness
By the end of your tour of duty, you will have:
- Worked on a range of different tax and customs advisory and administration aspects across the Kenyan tax regime, covering a range of technical areas
- Developed a strong technical knowledge of the Kenyan and East Africa tax legislative regimes;
- Worked with a diverse group of people, in a multicultural environment and developed wholesome relationships;
- Developed a strong understanding of control and risk management procedures in a large organizations.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process as per the provided application guidelines.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications must be submitted online by Sunday 29th October 2023.
- You can only apply for the position after successfully registering in the Authority’s e-recruitment portal.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Once selected, candidates will be required to submit a valid Certificate of Good Conduct, Copies of KRA PIN Certificate, NHIF, NSSF & ID cards.
- The Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for the Kenya Revenue Authority KRA Graduate Trainee Program 2023
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.