Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) Internship Registration 2023-2024
The Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) Internship Registration 2023-2024 and placement for Animal Health and Veterinary Medicine graduates from 2016-2023 is still on-going.
This is a one year on-job training period during which a graduate will have an opportunity to consolidate his/her knowledge skills and attitude to achieve competence in veterinary practice to enhance the delivery of veterinary services. Veterinary services refer to the governmental, non governmental organizations and private practice that implement animal health, animal production, animal welfare measures and other standards including food safety, trade in animals, animal products and by-products.
The overall objective of the internship programme is to contribute to improved livelihoods and wealth creation through enhanced animal health and production and welfare, safeguarding public health, ensuring food security and safety by provision of accessible and affordable quality veterinary services countrywide.
The specific objectives of the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) Internship Registration 2023-2024 are:
i. To consolidate and hone interns knowledge, experience and skills in order to achieve competence in delivery of veterinary services
ii. To ensure that animal owners/keepers have access to quality veterinary services
iii. To enhance provision of veterinary services especially in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) areas
iv. To facilitate quality assurance of veterinary services by the Directorate of Veterinary Services and the Kenya Veterinary Board countrywide
v. To facilitate interns in identifying areas of specialization early in their career
Eligibility for Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) Internship Registration 2023-2024
The following are requirements for entry into the program:
i. Evidence of indexing as a veterinary medicine student
ii. Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine Certificate from an Institution recognized by the KVB
iii. Passing of a qualifying examination determined by the Board for Veterinary graduates qualified from institutions not recognized by the KVB
iv. Temporary registration certificate from the KVB
v. National Identification Card
vi. Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the Kenya Revenue Authority
viii. Insurance (medical and accident)
ix. Certificate of good conduct
x. Colored passport photographs
PROCEDURE OF REGISTRATION AS A VETERINARY OR ANIMAL HEALTH INTERN (2023)
STEP ONE: REGISTRATION WITH THE KENYA VETERINARY BOARD
1. Download Application Form For Registration of Interns (Form 40)
Ignore sections requiring you to fill host organization and name of supervising veterinary surgeon
3. Fill, Scan, and upload the duly completed Form 40, Oath, copy of Academic certificate and National I.D, upload and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivery at the KVB Resource Centre for processing.
4) Complete the application process by filling personal details on the online Google application form using the following link: KVB Google Internship Application Form
5) After verification of your documents, you will receive an SMS notification/text indicating approval to make payment of the application fees.
- Veterinary Medicine graduates Kshs 1000,
- Animal Health and Production graduates (Degree, Diploma and Certificate) Kshs 500
6) An intern certificate with an internship registration number shall be generated and an SMS notification/text informing you to collect the certificate.
7) Collect certificate of registration as an intern from the KVB offices.
For any clarification from KVB, call 0701581718/ 0722305253
STEP TWO: REGISTRATION WITH THE DIRECTORATE OF VETERINARY SERVICES
After getting the certificate of registration as an intern from KVB, apply to the Director of Veterinary Services (DVS) by filling personal details in an online Google form using the following link: DVS Online Application Form
The date for placement of successful applicants will be communicated through respective email addresses.
Download KVB Internship Guidelines here
For any clarification from the DVS contact Tel: 0208043441 or Email: email@example.com
For more information, click here