Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan (KAS) Scholarship Programme 2023
Having supported thousands of students in their studies in numerous scholarship programmes around the
world, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is expending its international network of scholars by inviting new candidates
into the programme. Do not miss the opportunity to apply!
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan (KAS) therefore launches its call for applications for Ugandan students pursuing Master’s degrees in Uganda.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is a German political foundation that works worldwide in more than 120 countries. Through our work, we contribute towards securing and increasing peace, freedom and prosperity in Europe and throughout the world.
KAS accepts applications in the fields of social sciences (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of governance and international relations) and in the field of economics (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of innovation and sustainability). KAS Uganda & South Sudan offers scholarships to Master’s students who are enrolled at an accredited institution with sound educational quality.
KAS is not responsible for admission. This process is handled exclusively by the universities.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan (KAS) Scholarship Programme 2023 Package
For successful candidates, the scholarship will cover the cost of tuition as charged by the university for the duration of one year. Scholars have the possibility of extending their scholarships if they have met all the deadlines and requirements for submissions.
Additionally, KAS will provide a stipend for learning materials and books amounting to 1,000,000 UGX per term. The student is expected to meet further costs, such as transport, research and other study expenses, on their own or through other sources.
Scholars have access to the KAS networks and are presented with unique learning opportunities through networking events and further resources. They are expected to regularly contribute to these networking opportunities and to submit term reports on their personal and professional progress as well as contribution to KAS.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan (KAS) Scholarship Programme 2023
- Applicants must be citizens of Uganda and should not be older than 35 years;
- Applicants must show a record of commitment to and engagement in the broader KAS network;
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and provide proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants must show their motivation to undertake the particular course;
- Applicants holding leadership positions or portraying potential for future leadership have an added advantage;
- Applicants with current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) have an additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs.
Application requirements for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda and South Sudan (KAS) Scholarship Programme 2023
• A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) providing the following information:
» An explanation of the reason for applying for support from KAS;
» A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests;
» An outline of the applicant’s past engagements with KAS;
» A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study;
» An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals;
• Complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
• Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
• Proof of admission to your institution or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme (if impossible under the current circumstances, we may decide to review your application tentatively. Please indicate when you will submit this document in a short statement);
• Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed – or sent via email from your referees directly to us.
- Complete applications must include all the above-stated requirements. Applications not meeting the requirements will strictly not be considered.
Deadline for application is 30th August, 2023.
Applications may be turned in as follows:
Via email: email@example.com
Or via post: KONRAD-ADENAUER-STIFTUNG, P.O. Box 647 Kampala, Uganda
Or delivered: 51 A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please access the scholarship link here