MISA Zimbabwe Training on Investigative Journalism Reporting 2023
The Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) Zimbabwe chapter is looking for Zimbabwean journalists interested in enhancing their skills in Investigative Journalism Reporting to apply for a training programme.
Two workshops will be held; one in Bulawayo for the southern and western parts of the country, and another in Harare for the eastern and northern parts of the country.
Journalists who will participate must commit to intensive training on investigative journalism reporting:
The workshops will take place on:
- 11 August 2023, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- 15 August 2023, Harare, Zimbabwe
BENEFITS OF THE WORKSHOP – MISA Zimbabwe Training on Investigative Journalism Reporting 2023
- If selected, you will take part in an intensive workshop covering key elements of investigative reporting.
- You will propose one or more story ideas that you wish to work on.
- We will provide experienced journalists to help you pursue your stories right up to publication/broadcast.
- You will have exclusive access to expertise through our network.
- You will also have access to story ideas and editorial advice and will be invited to share your own expertise with other participants.
ELIGIBILITY – MISA Zimbabwe Training on Investigative Journalism Reporting 2023
We are looking for:
- Zimbabwean Journalists with at least two years of professional experience.
- It is an advantage if you are familiar with Investigative Journalism Reporting, but if you have a strong motivation to learn about and understand these issues, we will consider your application.
- Both freelancers and staff journalists may apply. Journalists working for a news organisation will need consent from their editor to take part. Freelancers should provide evidence that one or more media organisations will be willing to publish their work.
- Journalists working in any medium or multiple media are welcome to apply (print, online, radio or television).
- Journalists should be based in Zimbabwe and working for one or more Zimbabwean media organisations.
- Journalists applying must be fluent in English.
- Female journalists and young reporters are strongly encouraged to apply
Successful applicants will receive a full bursary that will cover accommodation, local transfers and meals.
SUBMISSIONS – MISA Zimbabwe Training on Investigative Journalism Reporting 2023
- Two work samples. TV/Radio journalists can send in their scripts and a brief summary of the samples.
- If relevant work samples are in the local language, please provide an English translation (if the work sample is online, please share a link so that the web page can be translated).
- A letter from your editor consenting to your participation and confirming that they will publish any story produced through the programme.
- For example, the letter should say: “I confirm that we will publish any story produced through the programme.”
- If the letter from your editor does not explicitly state this, we will not be able to consider your application.
Please kindly submit the above together with your expression of interest applications.
Deadline for applications: 23:59 Hrs on Tuesday, 8 August 2023.
Dates: 11 August 2023 | Location: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
: 15 August 2023 | Location: Harare, Zimbabwe