Mwalimu Neyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2023
The early Application for the 2nd Cohort of the Mwalimu Neyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2023 is now open.
Are you a passionate young African leader between the ages of 18 and 35, dedicated to driving positive change across the continent? Do you have a strong track-record of commitment to Pan-Africanism, Unity, Peace and People-Centered development? If so, Mwalimu Nyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship program is a right choice for you.
In honor and inspiration of leadership ideas of the Late Mwalimu Julius K. Nyerere, the Founding Father of The United Republic of Tanzania, who was one of the notable sons of Africa, The Mwalimu Nyerere Pan-African Young Leaders Fellowship program envisions at nurturing, mentoring, training, challenging, engaging, defining, and transforming the young generation of African leaders into responsible and dedicated true Pan-African leaders of the continent who will propagate Unity, Peace and People-Centered Development. This fellowship offers a unique opportunity for 60 young leaders from different countries of Africa to learn, grow, and collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds in addressing challenges of Africa.
This program is convened in Tanzania every November, in line with the African Youth Month. The 2nd cohort of the program is slated on November 2023 and young people are invited to show their interest to the program by making this first application. The program is organized by The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation – MNF, in partnership with the United Nations Institute of Training and Research – UNITAR and in collaborations with Tanzania Government through Prime Minister’s Office, Labour, Youth, Employment and Person’s with Disabilities; The Ministry of Information, Youth, Culture and Sports – Zanzibar; and Africa-Asia Youth Foundation.
We welcome interested applications from young Africans who meet the following criteria:
● Passionate about leadership and social change.
● Demonstrated commitment to Pan-Africanism, unity, peace and people-centered development.
● Willingness to learn and grow as a current/future leader of Africa.
● Ready to use the knowledge to be obtained in the program in transforming their local communities.
Selected fellows will be part of an enriching experience that includes:
● Partially funded costs whereby all local costs during the program are covered by organizers, while the participants takes care only their visa and travels to and from Tanzania,
● A series of comprehensive training workshops focused on leadership, peacebuilding, and social justice.
● Mentorship opportunities with experienced Pan-African leaders, offering invaluable guidance and support.
● Networking events, enabling fellows to connect and collaborate with other young leaders from across the continent.
● A culminating summit where fellows will have the opportunity to share their learnings, experiences, and insights on realization of the Africa We Want.
NB: This is an early application stage, it gives you an opportunity to express your interest to the program, to show your preferences in terms of duration, location of your choice, topics you would like to learn, and many others. It helps the organizers to design a program which corresponds to the expectations of its participants. Although this is not the full application to attend the program, all interested young people who will express their interest through this first stage of the application can be considered for the selection process.