Deadline: 9:00am on Monday, 31 July 2023.
NSW RDN Bush Bursaries and Country Women’s Association (CWA) Scholarships 2023
NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN) Bush Bursaries and Country Women’s Association (CWA) Scholarships provide selected medical, midwifery, and nursing students in NSW/ACT with $1,500 each to assist with the costs associated with participating in the program, including travel to and from the placement, meals, and other discretionary spending during the placement.
Recipients are paired up by RDN and spend two weeks on a placement in country NSW during their university holidays. The placement aims to provide a rural immersion experience by combining the enjoyable aspects of country life and rural medicine.
The program is funded by individual rural councils across NSW and scholarships are funded by the Country Women’s Association of NSW. They are administered by RDN. As such, available placement locations may differ each year due to the involvement of different councils.
Placements are typically undertaken between November and January, but can be at different times of the year if circumstances require. Itineraries and accommodation are coordinated by the rural councils hosting the placement.
Students not honouring their commitment to undertake a rural placement and subsequently provide the necessary documentation from their experiences are required to pay back all money granted to them.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to apply for the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Enrolled in a NSW or ACT university in
- First or second year medical degree
- Any year nursing degree
- Any year midwifery degree
- Completed all university study requirements at the time of application
- Read and understood the information set out in the 2023 Program Guidelines
Both rural and urban based students are eligible to apply for the program.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2023 Bush Bursaries and Country Women’s Association Scholarships are now open and will close at 9:00am on Monday, 31 July 2023.
The application process is done online through MyRDN, where students will answer questions and provide documentation, including but not limited to the following:
- Personal details and contact information
- Degree/study information and university rural health club status
- Short essay questions exploring the student’s motivation to participate in the program