OPEN Pakistan Global Program 2024
Applications are now open for the OPEN Pakistan Global Program 2024. The Regional English Language Office (RELO Pakistan), at the Public Diplomacy Section at the U.S. Embassy Islamabad, is offering Online Professional English Network (OPEN) scholarships to English language teaching professionals to attend online university-level courses offered by U.S. universities.
What are the name of the courses?
- Creating and Implementing Online Courses (CIOC) by Arizona State University
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom by Iowa State University
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting by World Learning
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively by World Learning
- Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL) by George Mason University
- TESOL Methodology by University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers by Arizona State University
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME) by University of Oregon
- Developing and Teaching Academic Writing by Iowa State University
- Teaching for the Future: English Teaching to Take on Climate Change (TFF) by Kansas State University
When do the classes start?
Classes begin from April 09 – June 03, 2024 (Orientation Module: March 4 – March 29, 2024)
Who can apply for the OPEN Pakistan Global Program 2024
- be an in-service English language professional
- have strong English language reading and writing skills
- be a citizen of Pakistan
- be living in Pakistan for the entire duration of the course term
- have regular and reliable access to high-speed internet connection
- be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course
- be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable
- NOT be an alumna\alumnus of OPEN Global Online Courses.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS 5 PM (Pakistan Standard Time) on Sunday, November 26, 2023.
For queries, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300-8518575.