Plan International Girls Take Over Programme 2023 for Nigerians
The main objective of the Plan International Girls Take Over Programme 2023 is for girls to occupy spaces, including political spaces, where they are seen or heard.
Plan International Nigeria’s new Country Strategy aims to support all girls to stand strong creating global change. This commitment calls for urgent and sustained action, which we cannot achieve by working alone. We work alongside young people, and partners to support girls and young women to overcome the barriers they face.
Plan International has established the girls takeover initiative to commemorate October 11, a day adopted by UN as the international Day of the Girl Child. This is to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world. The Girls Takeover is a call to action for radical social and political change to tear down barriers of discrimination and prejudice that continue to hold girls back. through the Girls Takeover, girls occupy space where they are rarely seen or heard, making it clear they have the right to be there without being silenced or ignored. For Plan International Nigeria, Girls Takeover will involve a girl taking over from the Country Director as part of the IDG commemoration activities.
The following are the specific objective the initiative aims to achieve:
- To provide opportunities for girls to speak up and be heard on issues that concern them.
- To Support girls to strengthen their leadership skills and use them to amplify their voices on the girls’ issues.
- To empower girls through mentorship to take on leadership positions.
Selection of the Girls
The Girl Takeover:
- Must be between 18-23 years;
- Must be resident of Abuja;
- Must have graduated from senior secondary school, an undergraduate or fresh graduate from a tertiary institution;
- have been engaging with plan international of NGO who share same values as Plan International an
- Have not been involved in any criminal, violence of fraudulent act.
How to Apply:
Interested girls should submit (upload) their CV and a short essay on the topic “My one day as a country director!