Deadline: 6 August 2023.
RCC Postdoctoral Researcher Position 2023
The Rachel Carson Center (RCC) for Environment and Society (RCC) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join its team. The position starts on 1 January 2024 and runs through 30 September 2026. The RCC is an international center dedicated to the study of environment and society from a wealth of different disciplines and international perspectives. It was founded in 2009 and is part of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (LMU). The RCC runs various graduate and fellowship programs and hosts numerous research projects. Its working language is English.
Responsibilities – RCC Postdoctoral Researcher Position 2023
Depending on experience, the candidate’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Writing grant proposals for research projects to be hosted at the RCC;
- Teaching two to three courses per semester in the RCC’s graduate programs;
- Representing the RCC at local, national, and international events.
Qualifications – RCC Postdoctoral Researcher Position 2023
Candidates for this position must have:
- Grant-writing experience;
- A PhD in environmental history, environmental anthropology, human geography, environmental ethics, or a related discipline;
- Fluency in English and exceptionally strong English writing skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to work well in a team.
This full-time position will start on 1 January 2024 and is scheduled to terminate on 30 September 2026. The position shall be used to work on grant proposals (e.g., European Research Council or German Research Foundation).
The RCC offers an attractive compensation package, including a yearly gross salary of up to 70,000 Euros (based on the tariff contracts for public service, level E13, commensurate with experience) and 30 days of paid vacation. Working hours are flexible, and the RCC offers a family-friendly working environment. LMU can also assist, if necessary, with work permits and visas. As the candidate will be a state employee, they are required to have German health insurance and make contributions to the German tax and social-welfare system. We especially seek applications from qualified candidates with disabilities, and we welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and gender identities.
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV (max. 4 pages), an academic-writing sample (max. 2 pages), and the contact information of two references in a single PDF document to email@example.com by 6 August 2023. Interviews will take place in person in Munich on 12 September 2023.