SANParks x37 Vacancies 2023-24: R9 832.13 per month
SANParks: Vacancies currently exist for thirty-seven (37) contract General Workers for the period 15 December 2023 to 15 January 2024. Reporting lines will be to relevant line managers within Table Mountain National Park
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS
VACANCY: GENERAL WORKERS x37
TABLE MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK
PATERSON GRADING: A1
SALARY: R9 832.13 PER MONTH
CLOSING DATE: 08 NOVEMBER 2023
Key Performance Areas: SANParks x37 Vacancies 2023-24: R9 832.13 per month
- General maintenance and upkeep of the terrain and gardens including visitor accommodation, day visitors’ facilities and access control points.
- Perform cleaning duties including ablution blocks, picnic sites and day visitor’s area to prescribed standards of cleanliness. This may include laundry duties
- Perform basic daily administrative duties as required
- Assist with admission management at park gates across Table Mountain National Park
- Perform maintenance of tourism facilities, staff accommodation and ablution blocks as may be required
- Perform duties of a technical nature within the incumbent’s capabilities
- Clean vehicles and carry our daily vehicle inspections
- General maintenance duties including the inspection, repair, cleaning and replacement of watering system and sewerage systems at visitor facilities; braai sites and parking areas
- Perform daily services throughout the park providing a clean, safe, and pleasant environment for staff and visitors.
- Refuse removal and braai site cleaning as and when required
- Assist with basic traffic management, access control and parking of vehicles.
- Assist with information dissemination
- Assist with basic wildfire suppression if required
- Visual Patrols of trail network
- Assist with permit inspections and compliance monitoring.
- Conduct foot patrols and infrastructure inspections within designated areas.
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks required by Supervisor/Management
Requirements: SANParks x37 Vacancies 2023-24: R9 832.13 per month
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are required for the job:
- Grade 12 (Standard 10)
- 1-2 Years practical work experience in a similar working environment
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety and First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License will be an added advantage.
- SARS Tax Reference
- Clear Criminal Record
- Proficiency in English and other local language
- Must be fit and able to work long hours on your feet with exposure to the elements (ie., sun, rain, and windy climatic conditions)
- Will be required to work weekends and all public holidays between 15 December 2023 and 15 January 2024 as per operational requirements
The cost to company remuneration package based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson A1 job grade will be offered. The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
Only interested persons who meet the above stated requirement should apply using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/6UkbZzfgEt
Supporting Documents such as certified copies of qualifications, ID & Driver’s License and other relevant documents must be emailed to email@example.com using reference number GENERAL WORKERS_TMNP in subject.
For enquiries: Eddy Mavanga Tel: 021 712 0527
Applications that have not been responded to within 21 days should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 08 November 2023
SANParks is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to appoint.