saskatchewan university 2023-2024 graduate scholarship for international students
The Saskatchewan University of Graduate Scholarship is currently open. The scholarship is a fully funded masters and PhD scholarship for international students. This scholarship provides up to $20,000 for PhD and $16,000 for masters.
The University of Saskatchewan is a prominent medical/doctoral university in Canada, offering a diverse range of human, animal, and plant sciences on a single campus. As one of Canada’s 15 most research-intensive universities, USask offers a highly collaborative research environment with some of the country’s greatest facilities and analytical tools.
The Saskatchewan University of Graduate Scholarship is open to students in select departments only. New and continuing students in acceptable academic standing must be nominated by their departments.
- Level of Study: Masters/ Doctoral
- Institution(s): University of Saskatchewan
- Study in: Canada
- Program Period: 4 years for PhD. 3 years for Masters.
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literature, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Scholarship Coverage (Benefits)
The University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Ph.D.: $20,000 (maybe tenable for up to 36 months)
- Master’s Thesis: $16,000 (maybe tenable for up to 24 months).
To be eligible for the Saskatchewan University of Graduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- All University Graduate Scholarships (UGS) recipients must be full-time, fully-qualified students who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being admitted into a graduate degree program.
- Students must be in the first 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the first 48 months of a Doctoral degree program to apply for or hold a UGS.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or an entrance average as a prospective student.
How to Apply
- Students must be nominated by their department. A complete nomination package contains the following items:
- The completed application form.
- Photocopies of all official non-U of S post-secondary transcripts. We will obtain the student’s University of Saskatchewan records.
- Two letters of reference. See the application for instructions on writing the reference letters.
- If submitting your application package via e-mail, make sure that all documents are in PDF format. Graduate Awards & Scholarships
Room 116 Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
Saskatoon, SK S7K 5C9