Sernick Beef Abattoir in Kroonstad Career Opportunities 2023
VACANCY: DISPATCH CONTROLLER – ABATTOIR
- Valid and unendorsed Code EB Drivers Licence.
- 2-3 Years proven experience as a Dispatch Controller/Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to build and maintain productive professional relationships with other team members in the abattoir production chain.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Afrikaans. (Verbal and written)
- Prioritising, time management, and organisational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in processing and interpreting data and instructions.
- Ability to manage, supervise and control the activities of employees reporting to the Dispatch Controller. (30+ employees)
- Minimum Grade 12.
- A professional work standard.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary working environment and matrix structures.
- Adaptable and resilient with a hands-on approach to work.
- Make timely decisions based on facts, circumstances and needs.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal working hours on weekdays and weekends, depending operational requirements. Predominantly night shift work from 23h00 to 08h00
- The primary functions of this position will be to ensure that all outbound products and orders, dispatched from the abattoir are loaded according to client and order specifications.
- Dispatch stock and issue documentation, physically and on the system, in correct loading sequence.
- Ensure that trucks are loaded in the correct manner to comply with applicable legislation and workplace policies.
- Responsible for quality control and adherence to the Meat Safety Act requirements and other related legislative requirements applicable in the Abattoir.
- Accurate stock keeping and management.
- Attend meetings as required and provide management with applicable reports.
- Assist in creating an environment of compliance, continuous improvement, and sustainability in support of internal processes.
- Provide job-related training and ensure that all training is documented.
Salary and benefits are negotiable, and market related.
Please email a detailed CV together with all relevant documents to: email@example.com
Subject line: Dispatch Controller – Abattoir
Closing date: 28 July 2023 at 16:00
Applications not meeting all the requirements above, will not be considered. If you are not contacted within 4 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.