Soton Blackboard Portal
The Soton Blackboard Portal gives secure access to the university’s online learning management system. The gateway is safe, private, and simple to use.
What exactly is Soton Blackboard? Learn
Blackboard Learn is the online platform and learning management system used by the University of Southampton. Blackboard Learn allows educators to create online course sites that are highly optimized for online learning and fully connected with Rasmussen’s enrollment and communication systems. Online students can simply locate their orientation, course information, and more resources here.
Advantages of Blackboard Learn
Both students and faculty members can benefit from using Blackboard. The platform organizes content for students in a central area, making it convenient for students and faculty members to access.
Students can use Blackboard to submit assignments electronically and work with a variety of built-in Web-based tools such as e-portfolios, wikis, and blogs. Students can also analyze their classmates and self-assess if projects are built for such evaluation.
- The central location of course documents
- Central location for communicating with students
- Electronic grade book
- Built-in Web-based tools
- Electronic submission of assignments
- Electronic tests and quizzes
- Self- and peer-assignment
How to Get to the Soton Blackboard Login Page
Follow the steps below to access the Soton Blackboard Learn login page.
- To locate your online course(s) please Log in to Blackboard: https://blackboard.soton.ac.uk/
- Use your username and password to log in
- Click on the ‘Courses’ link at the upper right-side corner of the screen to view all of your classes
- Click on the course link that appears under ‘My Courses’
- Begin exploring the content of your course by utilizing the menu bar on the left side of your screen
- Start by reviewing the syllabus and then continue by clicking on the course content
How to Access the Soton Blackboard App
To access the Soton Blackboard app login, follow the steps mentioned below.
- After reinstalling the app, tap the “type your school’s name” text field and enter Soton
- When the list of Soton campuses is displayed, tap the University of Southampton.
- Tap Web Login
- On the next page tap, Click here to Login
- Lastly, enter your credentials and tap Login