Deadline: 10 July 2023 at 16H00.
South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) Vacancies 2023
The South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA) is the National Medicines Regulatory Authority established in terms of the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, (Act No. 101 of 1965) as amended, to provide for the monitoring, evaluation, regulation, investigation, inspection, registration and control of medicines, scheduled substances, clinical trials and medical devices, and related matters in the public interest.
ADMIN SCREENER (Radiation Control) Ref No.: SAHPRA 023/2023
Position type: PERMANENT Salary: Level 5 (R259 661-R275 588)
Only applications from Durban will be considered.
“Matriculation (NQF Level 4) “Post matric certification/ Diploma with 1 to 2 years of experience with MS Office (Excel and Word), email/outlook, office administration and filing “Basic radiation control knowledge is a requirement.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
“Computer skills “MS Office with Excel and Word “Understanding of Existing SOPs and relevant policy/procedure guides “Knowledge of manual and electronic filing systems Database knowledge “Strong administrative and organizational skills “Willingness to work extended hours as and when required “Resilience and ability to tolerate work pressure/stress “Deadline driven “Attention to detail “Detail- oriented with strong organization skills “Innovative thinking “Team player, but also able to work independently.
Screening Administrative Support:
- Uploads applications and related documentation, in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Receive and sort electronic applications from industry.
- Captures relevant details into database as per SOP
- Screening applications using screening checklist and noting omissions
- Mailing incomplete or incorrect application forms back to the applicant for correction
- Assess application against the relevant electronic administrative checklist
- Submit administrative queries resulting from screening and applicants to the relevant manager.
- Mailing screened license applications to the technical reviewer to finalise the screening before sending for licensing
Administrative Support and Compliance:
- Ensures the business unit complies with the approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Manages and updates the electronic data storage system.
- Manage communication from to the unit manager and follow up on given tasks.
- Manage travel and accommodation arrangements for the unit
- Manage scheduling of unit meetings and workshops
Follow up of outstanding information and inspection report responses:
- Follow-up of outstanding info on RC001/RC002 forms within 5 working days.
- No response telephone call
- No response within 5 working days – discuss plan of action with Assistant-Manager or Deputy Manager
- Once inspection reports are sent by e-mail by inspector to license holder
- Pend 30 days from date report was sent by email
- Send reminders e-mail within 3 days of pending date.
Management of risk and audit queries:
- Admin: Confirmation of inspection dates, timeously sending of inspection reports and issuing pended files to inspector for follow-up, completion of filing tasks-files kept up to date.
- Ensure that document management system is up to date.
- Assets: Manage office equipment and consumables.
- Effective handling of enquiries from public and license holders and admin tasks related to the queries
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
All applications must:
- Be submitted with a covering letter clearly reflecting the name of the position and post reference number, be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and recently certified copies of ID and qualification/s.
- Applications without the afore mentioned will not be considered. Should you be in manual and electronic filing systems “Database knowledge “Strong administrative and organizational skills “Willingness to work extended hours as and when required “Resilience and ability to tolerate work pressure/stress “Deadline driven “Attention to detail “Detail- oriented with strong organization skills *Innovative thinking “Team player, but also able to work independently.
- Applications without the afore mentioned will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- A separate application must be completed for each post. SAHPRA will not be liable where applicants use incorrect or no reference number on their applications.
- Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the required certified documentation as indicated. DO NOT MAKE ENQUIRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- No late applications will be accepted. CVs will not be returned. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from SAHPRA within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by SAHPRA.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records, citizenship status and previous employment.
SAHPRA is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. SAHPRA reserves the right to fill or not to fill the vacant post/s.
Enquiries: Ms S. Molepo. Email: email@example.com (DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS).
CLOSING DATE: 10 July 2023 at 16H00.