Deadline: 3rd July 2023.
Standard Bank Group Malawi Associate, Governance & Board Support Vacancies 2023
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals.
Associate, Governance & Board Support
- African Unity Avenue, Lilongwe, Malawi
- Business Segment: Group Functions
The candidate will be responsible for providing board support and company secretarial services to allocated portfolios of Standard Bank PLC Board and subsidiary companies’ boards. The candidate will be required to ensure effective and efficient functioning of all boards and committees by adopting an appropriate standard of governance while ensuring compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and corporate governance requirements for boards and management committees.
- First Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Admitted to the bar.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Legal and/or Governance, preferably in a Financial Institution.
- Provide full board meeting support to the board and other agreed subsidiary board and committee meetings to achieve governance best practice.
- Review governance gaps and provide an analysis thereto to assist the Head of Governance and Senior Management.
- Manage directors induction program for the Bank and all subsidiaries
- Research into governance best practices and standards to provide input for secretarial advisory services.
- Draft and review routine minutes and resolutions for boards and committees
- Review and process statutory accounts to ensure compliance with Company’s Act and other application regulations including the Malawi Stock Exchange Listing Requirements.
- Manage statutory compliance for subsidiaries to ensure this information is kept up to date in line with Company Act and other applicable legislation.
- Conduct routine filings at the Company’s Registry in line with Company’s Act.
- Act as a stand in secretary at board and committee meetings.
- Articulating Information
- Checking Details
- Examining Information
- Managing Tasks
- Producing Output
- Taking Action
- Team Working
- Understanding People
- Upholding Standards
- Business Administration Skills
- Data Management (Administration)
- Meeting Logistics
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication