Deadline: 31stAugust 2023 not later than 17:00 hours, East African Time
Tanzania Young Women Scholarship Under Energy Efficiency Program: EU-UNDP Funded, 2023/2024
Call For Applications: Tanzania Young Women Scholarship Under Energy Efficiency Program: EU-UNDP Funded, 2023/2024. The Ministry of Energy in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is implementing Tanzania’s 1st Energy Efficiency Action Plan with the support of the European Union (EU). The overall objective of the Action Plan is to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all in Tanzania. Development of professional qualifications and skills in Energy Management and Audit is one of the key actions to be implemented under the project with particular attention to women.
This scholarship initiative is part of the committee outlined the in the action to promote a gender responsive energy sector. The scholarship underscores the central role played by women in the transition to clean energy as consumers, helping to shift energy consumption and leading transformative change in the energy industry. Women’s empowerment and leadership in the energy sector could help accelerate the evolution to a low-carbon economy, and more efficient energy use and help tackle poverty.
The Ministry of Energy, European Union (EU), and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) hereby invite qualified young Tanzanian women to apply for fully funded scholarships to pursue a Master of Engineering in Sustainable Energy Engineering offered at Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT) for the academic year 2023/2024.
Opening date: 25th May 2023
Closing date: 31stAugust 2023 not later than 17:00 hours, East African Time
Thematic area: Energy Engineering
Eligible applicants: Young Tanzanian Women, (aged 35 or below by October 1st, 2023)
Duration of the Scholarship: 2 years
Number of Scholarships: Ten (10)
Mode of application: Online through scholarship.dit.ac.tz
Award of scholarship: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment
Ten (10) scholarships are available in the 2023/2024 academic year.
1. Fees: All fees payable directly to the Institute against the official invoice with the control number.
2. Stipend: Per month to support living expenses including housing, food, utilities, local transportation, and settlement expenses.
3. Allowances for thesis production and research: One-off allowance.
4. Allowances for Books and stationaries: To be provided twice at the start of each year.
5. Return travel expenses between the candidate’s home and Dar es Salaam.
6. Medical insurance; and
7. Extracurricular events.
The minimum requirements for qualification into the Scholarship Program:
1. The candidate should be a young Tanzanian woman, aged 35 years or below by October 1st, 2023
2. Have obtained a provisional/final admission letter for the 2023/2024 year of study.
3. A candidate should not have other scholarships.
4. Submit a motivation statement in English (with not more than 500 words) as follows:
- Well written (grammatically and professionally).
- Demonstrates a convincing motivation for wanting to pursue the master’s Programme
- Demonstrates how they expect to apply the acquired skills and knowledge from the master’s Programme to contribute to energy efficiency.
- Demonstrates any cause of disadvantage or vulnerability.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1: Register online for the scholarship link.
Step 2: Login using your registration details to access the application, fill out the information and attach the supporting documents as required.
Step 3: Submit online the completed application and supporting documents in pdf format.
Supporting Documents are.
1. ALL Certified Academic certificates and transcripts.
2. Provisional/final admission letter from DIT.
3. A soft copy of recent passport photographs in the color of your full head and upper shoulders.
4. Copy of a national identity card/passport and birth certificate.
5. Letters of reference.
(a) Applicants with academic qualifications attained from foreign Institutions/universities must be accompanied by the Certificate of Evaluation of Award offered by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NACTVET).
(b) Applicants with supporting documents (transcripts, certificates among others) in languages other than English are required to submit both the originals and copies translated to the English language by an accredited language translation provider.