Teaching Excellence & Achievement (TEA) Pakistan Program 2023-2024
The Teaching Excellence & Achievement (TEA) Program provides outstanding in-service Pakistani secondary school teachers of English Language with a six-week professional development training at a university in the United States.
The selected teachers are taken to the U.S. on an academic exchange program to further develop expertise in their subject area, enhance their teaching skills and English proficiency, and increase their knowledge about the United States. Upon their return to Pakistan, they are eligible to apply for TEA Small Grants and become members of the Pakistan – U.S. Alumni Network. The program is fully sponsored by the Regional English Language Office (RELO) at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad.
PROVISIONS OF THE FELLOWSHIP – Teaching Excellence & Achievement (TEA) Pakistan Program 2023-2024
- J-1 visa support
- pre-departure orientation held in Pakistan.
- Round-trip airfare to and within the U.S.
- A Welcome Workshop or Program at University of Nebraska Omaha.
- Tuition/Program fees.
- Housing (shared with program fellow of the same gender) and meals.
- Accident and sickness medical coverage (does not cover pre-existing conditions)
- Transportation to the practicum school (if necessary).
- A trip to Washington, D.C.
- A trip to Washington, D.C.
- A re-entry seminar in Pakistan.
- An opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA – Teaching Excellence & Achievement (TEA) Pakistan Program 2023-2024
- Full-time secondary-level English teacher in a government or foundation school
- Have at least three years of English language teaching experience
- Be a citizen and current resident of Pakistan
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in English/Education or equivalent
- Exhibit strong English language skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching in Pakistan for at least two years after the completion of the program
- Principals and/or teacher trainers are eligible to apply only if they are practicing secondary-level English teachers as well
Deadline: November 5th, 2023.
FAQs: Teaching Excellence & Achievement (TEA) Pakistan Program 2023-2024
What is the duration of the TEA program?
The TEA program is a six-week long fully sponsored professional exchange program to be held at the University of Nebraska, Omaha (UNO) in the United States.
Who can apply for the program?
In-service secondary level (6-10 class) English language teachers from the government or foundation schools can apply for this program.
How many candidates will be selected for the program?
One hundred candidates from all across Pakistan will be selected to participate in the TEA program. These participants will travel to the United States in different cohorts.
Can I apply for this program if I am not an English teacher?
No, you cannot apply for this program as it is only for in-service secondary level English language teachers of government and foundation schools.
Do I need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from my institution to travel?
Yes, you will need a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your institution for travel if you are selected for the TEA program.
Where will the interviews take place?
The interviews will be conducted virtually/in person.
Are we allowed to take dependents on the program?
No, you are not allowed to take dependents on this program.
Can I apply for the program if I teach English along with other subjects as well?
Yes, you can apply. However, your main subject of teaching must be English.