Deadline: August 15, 2023
The Citizen Storyteller Award 2023 – ICRC Pakistan
Are you passionate about reporting and storytelling?
Do you have an interest in filmmaking?
Do you believe in the power of storytelling to shed light on the untold stories of people affected by crises?
If so, this is your chance to make a difference and be recognized for your work!
The Centre for Excellence in Journalism at IBA (CEJ-IBA) in collaboration with The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is pleased to bring to you ‘The Citizen Storyteller Award‘ – an initiative that celebrates stories by people about people affected by humanitarian emergencies and crisis.
They welcome video-based submissions on any one of the following themes:
1) Impact of Climate Change on underserved & marginalized communities
2) The Power of Volunteerism in Disasters
3) Stronger Together: Empowering People with Disabilities
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND INSTRUCTIONS-
- Open to citizen journalists based in Pakistan.
- The duration of the video must be between 3-6 minutes.
- The work/content should be original and must not be previously published on any other third-party television or social media platform.
- The videos should be shot in widescreen normal format (16:9 aspect ratio).
- Entries must focus on humanitarian emergencies, including but not limited to natural disasters, conflicts, pandemics, and refugee crises.
- Entries must demonstrate a high standard of journalistic integrity, accuracy, and ethical reporting.
- Multiple entries from the same individual or team are allowed.
- Entries can be in English or Urdu and/or accompanied by English/Urdu translations.
- The content must not discriminate against any culture, religion, sexuality, community or gender
SELECTION PROCESS: Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of experts in journalism, humanitarian emergencies, and media. The judging criteria will include integrity, accuracy, storytelling, impact, and creativity.
*USAGE RIGHTS: By submitting an entry, the individual or team grants the organizers of the award the right to use, publish, and share their entry for promotional and educational purposes without any compensation.