The City of Cape Town Road Traffic Law Enforcement and Metro Police Learnership X1000
THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN PROMOTES AND APPLIES THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY. IN LINE WITH THE CITY’S CORPORATE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY AND DIVERSITY STRATEGY, EQUITY POLICY, PLAN AND TARGETS, PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FROM THE DESIGNATED GROUPS.
Learnership Metro Police, Traffic and Law Enforcement
DIRECTORATE: CORPORATE SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SALARY: Allowance of R68 461 per
REFERENCE NUMBER: SS 49/23 Ext
CLOSING DATE: 21.07.2023
- Grade 12 qualification
- Must be deemed medically and physically fit (as per below requirements)
- Valid Code B Driving Licence
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations No Criminal Record
- Applicants must permanently reside within the jurisdiction of Cape Town
Note: All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
- 2.4 km run (Males 12:30 minutes and Females 16:00 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
ELIGIBILITY: Internal & External
Note: Candidates will:
- Be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
- Be required to pass a physical assessment
- Be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
- Be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- Be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue and continuous random drug tests thereafter
- Be required to undergo continuous psychological assessment
- Be required to maintain levels of fitness and undergo ongoing fitness assessments
- Candidates will be subject to the code of Conduct of the Metropolitan Police Training Academy, as well as the pass requirements stipulated by the Academy and in line with relevant unit standards
- Be contractually bound to refund the City following: unilateral withdrawal: failure to complete the course for disciplinary reasons or other.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
Key Performance Areas
The City is embarking on a drive to train 1000 recruits on a 18 month fulltime Learnership Program in Road Traffic Law Enforcement and Metro Police. This forms part of the City of Cape Town’s commitment in addressing the high levels of unemployment in our youth, as well as providing the necessary opportunities for skills enhancement.
This skills development initiative is to provide training in Traffic Services and Metro Police. Once completed, the acquired skills will significantly enhance opportunities for employment in the Traffic, Law Enforcement and Metro Police Enforcement environment.
The City invites suitably qualified and unemployed youth aged 18- 35, who meet the relevant minimum requirements for a learnership in Road Traffic Law Enforcement and Metro Police.
The training will be provided by the Metro Police Academy and the duration will be over a period of 18 months from 1 December 2023 until 31 May 2025.
Trainees must successfully complete the Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement as well as Law Enforcement Skills Program SP4/2012.
It must be emphasised there is no automatic guarantee of employment following the successful completion of the course.
Special conditions attached to the post:
- The City is not obligated to offer a permanent position after completion of the training: candidates will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the Academy and training in accordance with the Firearm and Ammunitions Act.
- Successful candidates will be required to wear a uniform, work shifts and in all weather conditions.
How to Apply
- By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.