Deadline: 29 July 2023
The Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program (KL-YES 2024/2025)
AFS Interculture South Africa in partnership with the United States of America Department of State is offering a ten month full scholarship to 12 South African high school students to study in the United States of America as part of the prestigious KL-YES Program from August 2024 to June 2025.
Who can apply to the (KL-YES 2024/2025)? Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Application deadline 29 July 2023
- Born between 15 January 2007 and 15 August 2009
- South African Citizen or able to prove permanent residence
- Lived for more than 50% (2.5 years) of the last 5 years in South Africa
- School Grades:
- No individual subject mark may be below 50% in the last 3 years
- An overall year grade average of a minimum of 70% for each year in the last 3 year
Application for the The Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange & Study Program South Africa is now open and the deadline for all applications is the 29 July 2023. Kindly complete the preliminary application and school recommendation forms in order to start the process.
The AFS global citizenship education agenda
What is global citizenship education?
Global citizenship education is a transformative, lifelong pursuit that involves both formal learning and practical experience. Global citizenship education helps people of all ages:
- Respect cultural, gender, faith and other differences
- Become more aware of the world beyond our own
- Understand our responsibilities as members of the global human community
- Embrace our roles in protecting our planet for a sustainable future
- Be mindful about how what we do locally impacts the greater world